I developed an art career after my retirement from Medicine in 2016 and now hold regular classes and workshops in Lennox Head. I also run art retreats locally and overseas. I enjoy practising many facets of art practice including drawing, painting and silk screen printing. In 2014 I joined the Lennox Arts Collective Gallery and Studio (see Facebook ‘Lennox Arts Collective’). I have had a residency in Provence, France in 2016 and at the Tweed Regional Gallery, Murwillumbah NSW in 2019. I tutor a number of art groups such as the Ballina Art Society by invitation.
Narelle is originally from Melbourne and has BFA from the Victorian College of the Arts. She is a practising Artist and member of the Lennox Arts Collective, an artist run gallery and studio in Lennox Head, Australia, where she helps to facilitate art classes, life drawing and curates guest artist exhibitions. Narelle loves to draw and paint with watercolours, acrylics and oils. She finds inspiration all around her in everyday moments and the seaside towns of her home in the the Northern Rivers.
Course 1 - Art Basics
'Drawing Basics' - available now!
'Painting Basics' - available now!
'Colour Basics' - available now!
- How to - Drawing Basics - Line (31:17)
- How to - Drawing Basics - Shape
- How to - Drawing Basics - Tone (11:49)
- How to - Drawing Basics - Texture (1:58)
- Exercises - Drawing Basics - Keep a Visual Diary
- Exercises - Drawing Basics - Draw Everyday Objects
- Exercises - Drawing Basics - Transcriptions
- Drawing Basics - Resources
- How to - Introduction to Painting Basics (6:29)
- How to - Painting Basics - What is Paint? (3:03)
- How to - Painting Basics - What about Brushes? (7:20)
- How to - Painting Basics - Composition and Preliminary Work. (7:03)
- How to - Painting Basics - Painting a Still life in Acrylics (22:11)
- Exercise - Painting Basics - Paint the Pears in a Bowl
- Exercise - Composition Dynamics
- Exercises - More on composition - Landscape
- How to - Introduction to Colour (2:02)
- Using Colour (3:26)
- About the colours in your paintbox (1:22)
- Mixing Colours
- Manipulating colour to add excitement to your work
- Complementary colours
- Preparing a coloured ground (6:12)
- Painting over a prepared coloured ground
- Exercise 1 - make your own colour charts
- Exercise 2 - Discover and mix the colours in your favourite painting
- Exercise 3 - painting with a limited colour palette
- Exercise 4 - A colour transcription
- Resources about Colour